First Bankers Trustshares, Inc. (“The Company”) announced that Steve Hassell and Kurt Hofmeister have been appointed as members of the Board of Directors of The Company and First Bankers Trust Company, N.A. ("First Bankers"), a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Company. Their appointment comes on October 1, 2023.
Mr. Hassell is a distinguished leader known for his exceptional contributions to the technology and business world. His extensive experience in operational transformation and fostering innovation will play a pivotal role in shaping The Company's future success.
Chairman of First Bankers Trustshares, Inc., William D. Daniels says, “With an impressive track record of leadership in the technology and innovation sectors, Mr. Hassell’s addition to our board will undoubtedly enhance our company's strategic direction and further drive innovation across our organization.”
Mr. Hofmeister has been an integral part of several corporations as well as a successful entrepreneur. His success is a result of his calculated creativity and reliance on data. His experience in entrepreneurship, management of his family’s extensive corn and soybean farming operation, and his philanthropic impact add immense value to the long-term potential of The Company.
"Kurt’s diverse business acumen and growth-driven mindset align perfectly with our company's vision," said Daniels. "We are excited to welcome him to our Board and look forward to benefiting from his insights and contributions."
Additionally, Phyllis Hofmeister will retire from the Board of Directors effective October 1st, 2023 and Scott Cisel will not stand for re-election after his current term.
Says Daniels, “Scott and Phyllis have been invaluable members of our Board and we thank them both for their immense contributions to the growth and development of our business. We wish them the very best in their next chapter.”
“I’ve been fortunate to have spent many years with The Company and I am extremely proud of the success that this business has had for our employees and our community,” added Mrs. Hofmeister.
Cisel states, “As a founding member of a global energy startup company, it will become more challenging to dedicate the necessary time to faithfully serve as a Board of Director. Consequently, I have decided not to stand for reelection in 2024. I will be forever grateful to have served as a member of the Board of Directors and chaired various Committees since 2012. I am confident the Board of Directors will continue to effectively provide the necessary governance for the bank and The Company.”
Select highlights of Mr. Hassell’s career include:
- US Navy: Steve honorably served our country as an Officer in the US Navy from 1988 to 1995.
- CEO of Atomation: Steve serves as CEO of Atomation, a business-to-business solutions company specializing in Internet of Things (IoT) technology.
- Leadership at Emerson Electric Company/Chief Information Officer (CIO) Roles: Steve served in various key roles at Emerson Electric Company, earning recognition for his contributions to innovation and operational efficiency. As President of Data Center Solutions at Emerson Network Power, he led a $1.1 billion business group. Steve also held the position of CIO at both Emerson Electric Co. and Invensys PLC, where he received the CIO Magazine 100 Award for Innovative Enterprise Resource Planning Approach.
Select highlights of Mr. Hofmeister’s career include:
- Chicago Board of Trade: He served as an independent floor trader who specialized in interest rates (30 year treasures).
- Entrepreneurship: He founded five start-ups that included advertising, consumer goods, business-to-business sales, fitness, and marketing software. This is highlighted by his current company, North American Wiring Accessories.
- Fortune 100 Company Leadership: Mr. Hofmeister drove improvements and thought leadership as an employee and/or consultant with a focus on direct-to-consumer marketing and marketing operations.
- Local Farming Operations: He has successfully managed and led the growth and success of the expansive Hofmeister corn and soybean farming operation.
- Volunteerism/Not-for-profit Activity: Mr. Hofmeister’s board experience includes chairing the finance committee of a large church, leading structured strategic planning, recruitment for a 501c3 that provides services for special needs children and serving as Chairman of the Board of a large private school.
About First Bankers Trustshares, Inc.
First Bankers Trustshares, Inc. is a bank holding company owning First Bankers Trust Company, N.A. The Company was incorporated on August 25, 1988, and is headquartered in Quincy, Ill. First Bankers Trustshares, Inc. is a publicly held company whose common stock is traded over-the-counter under the symbol FBTT. For more information, visit http://fbti.firstbankers.com.
About First Bankers Trust Company, N.A.:
Headquartered in Quincy, Ill., First Bankers Trust Company, N.A., a wholly-owned subsidiary of First Bankers Trustshares, Inc., is a community-oriented commercial bank offering a variety of financial services to meet the needs of the communities it serves, including personal banking, residential mortgage loans, consumer loans, small business loan and agricultural loans. The bank has branch locations in Quincy, Macomb, Mendon, Carthage, Rushville, and Springfield, Illinois as well as Loan Production offices in O’Fallon, Illinois and St. Charles, Missouri. It is the largest bank in Adams County. For more information, visit https://www.firstbankers.com.